Future Mini Reunion Dates: September 28-29, 2018
One weekend each fall, The Greylocks (the post-50th classes of the Society of Alumni) gather in Williamstown for a series of mini reunions. Classes from 1945 through the current 50th reunion classes descend on the Purple Valley for a weekend of faculty lectures, class dinners, sporting events, entertainment by the Williams College Jazz Band, and a tailgate lunch on Weston Field before Saturday’s football game.
All other classes are encouraged to attend but have elected not to organize any dinners this year; classmates are free to make their own arrangements.
The Greylocks Fall Mini Reunions
October 20 – October 21, 2017
FRIDAY, October 20, 2017
9:00AM – 6:00PM Check In for the weekend to pick up name tags, schedules, and buttons, The Alumni Center (Faculty Club lower level)
2:00PM Making Buildings Smarter: Using Technology to Achieve a More Sustainable Future. Faculty Lecture presented by Jeannie Albrecht, Professor and Chair of Computer Science, ’62 Center: Adams Memorial Theater
3:45PM Medical Advancements. Alumni Panel moderated by Dr. Pat O’Grady ’68, ’62 Center: Adams Memorial Theater
CLASS DINNERS ORGANIZED BY CLASS LEADERSHIP OR CLASSMATES FREE TO MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGMENTS
8:00PM Faculty Chamber Music Recital featuring flutist Jacqueline DeVoe, Brooks-Rogers Recital Hall
9:00PM Concert by the Williams College Reunion Jazz Band with a cash bar, The Faculty Club
SATURDAY, October 21, 2017
9:00AM – 12:00PM Check In for the weekend to pick up name tags, schedules, and buttons, ’62 Center: MainStage Lobby
10:30AM Confident, Convincing, and Completely Mistaken: The Psychology of Eyewitness Misidentification. Faculty Lecture presented by Laura Smalarz, Assistant Professor of Psychology, ’62 Center: MainStage Theater
12:30PM Tailgate Lunch, Weston Athletic Complex
12:30PM Women’s Soccer Game vs. Tufts, Cole Field
1:30PM Football Kick Off, Williams vs. Tufts, Farley-Lamb Field
Wine and beer and permitted in designated areas. $4 per drink.
2:00PM Men’s Soccer Game vs. Tufts, Cole Field
3:00PM A Conversation with Career Center Director Don Kjelleren, Weston Hall: Presentation Room
4:30PM Public Post-Game Reception, The Log
CLASS DINNERS ORGANIZED BY CLASS LEADERSHIP OR CLASSMATES FREE TO MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS
Tailgating Rules at Football Games at Farley-Lamb Field at Williams College
- Lansing Chapman Rink parking lot – located across the street from the Weston Field Athletic Complex off of Latham Street. Handicap spots available.
- Lot off Water Street – ample parking is available just around the corner. A 5 minute walk to the Weston Field Athletic Complex.
- Lot inside Weston complex — tailgating spots will be available inside the gates of the Weston Field Athletic Complex adjacent to Farley-Lamb Field on grass. First come, first serve basis. Handicap spots available.
Tailgating is available on the grass adjacent to Farley-Lamb Field.
For football games, the gates to Weston open at 10:00 AM. For Homecoming, Weston gates open at 8:00 AM.
- First come, first serve basis. No reservations.
- No charcoal grills allowed.
- Attendees prohibited from bringing alcohol into Weston Field Athletic Complex.
- Unsealed plastic or paper containers checked with a passive alcohol detector.
- No cans, no glass.
- No RV’s or similar large vehicles.
Visiting teams will be housed on the east side of the Team Support Building, closest to the Taconic Golf Club parking lot. For convenience, supporters of visiting teams are encouraged to utilize the space in that surrounding area. Public restrooms are available under the main grandstand.
If using GPS, the following address will bring you to the Weston Field Athletic Complex:
- Tailgating – use main grandstand address: 71 Latham Street, Williamstown MA 01267
- Bus drop off – use Team Support Building address: 75 Meacham Street, Williamstown MA 01267