The Office of Alumni Relations offers FREE email forwarding! Registering for email forwarding provides you with a single permanent Williams email alias where people can always reach you after graduation. It allows you to hide your personal email address while using a Williams branded domain.
- Your current Williams Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, and Google account will be deactivated and deleted PERMANENTLY on Sunday, July 1 (July 16 for Grad Art and CDE). Account data will NOT be recoverable.
- Email Forwarding will start on Sunday, July 1 (July 16 for Grad Art and CDE). If you are not registered for email forwarding at that time, emails to your @williams.edu email address will bounce back to the sender.
Please note that both email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org will forward to your personal email address once you register for email forwarding. Make sure all of your friends, professors, potential employers, acquaintances, etc. know about this transition so that they may update their address books. Also, remember that email forwarding is NOT an email account. You will not be able to log into an account and send emails from your @williams.edu alias. It will only forward emails to the personal .email address when you register for this service.
- Step 1. Go to http://bit.ly/williamsemf
Step 2. Login (This is the same account information you have used for the Alumni Career Network)
* If you do not know your login information, click the "Send My User ID / Reset My Password" links in the login page. Follow the instructions on the site and enter your current Williams email (email@example.com). Your login information will be sent to your Williams account. (If you encounter any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 3. Once logged in please read the instructions carefully and provide a private email address to forward to such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.
Step 4. Click the 'Update' button. You will see the Forwarding Status change to 'Active.'
DONT BE ALARMED! Forwarding will start for the Class of 2018 on Sunday, July 1 (July 16 for Grad Art and CDE).
- Important: We highly recommend adding both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list/safe senders for your personal email address in order to prevent emails from going to spam/junk folders.
- Need help? Email email@example.com or call (413) 597-4151