The first or second weekend of every November, Williams hosts an annual Homecoming weekend. This weekend is an opportunity for students, alumni, and the local community to come together around their love of purple and gold to cheer on the Ephs. Festivities include tailgating, a Spirit Tent and Chili Fest down on Farley-Lamb Field while cheering on the Williams Football team.
Friday, November 4th
- 8:30PM – 11:00PM: Members of WAAAN, WBAN, WLAN and BiGLATA are invited to attend casual welcome reception to kick off Homecoming 2016 in the Tavern at the Williams Inn. Swing by after your arrival in Williamstown to connect with fellow alumni over food and drink. Register here!
- 8:30PM – 10:00PM: The Outing Club will be hosting a fireside gathering at Poker Flats with s’mores and A Frame goodies.
Saturday, November 5th
- 9AM: The Latino/a Studies Program invites everyone to Afro Latinidades Symposium, Wege Auditorium
- For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/129639710837358
- 12PM – 1:30AM: Come for a drink and a meal at the newly renovated Log!
- 12:30PM – HALFTIME: Alumni Hospitality Tent – Join us for chili and Eph camaraderie under the hospitality tent in the northern end-zone of Farley-Lamb Field.
- 12:30PM: Homecoming Spirit Program! – Face painting, temporary tattoos, pictures with the Purple Cow, purple cotton candy, and spirited treats and goodies! Located next to the Concession Stand by the Southwest corner of Farley-Lamb Field.
- 1PM: The Williams Alumni Relations Office, in partnership with the Williams Black Alumni Network (WBAN), invite alumni and students to a special Homecoming Tailgate. Register here!
- 1PM: Football Kick Off, Farley-Lamb Field
- Class of 2016 Zero Year Reunion. REGISTER!
- 4:30PM: The Williams College Jewish Association invites you to their annual wine and cheese event, Jewish Religious Center
- 5PM – 8PM: From Lavender to Purple Ephs Swipe Dinner will showcase the art installation by the same name. Proceeds from dinner will go towards supporting the Freeman Center and Doctors Without Borders. Whitmans Dining Hall (formerly Baxter Dining Hall)
- For more information visit: http://www.lavendertopurpleephs.com
- 10 PM – 2 AM: Young Alumni Dance Party, Goodrich. REGISTER! No students allowed.
Sunday, November 6th
- 1PM: Getting a Read on Basquiat and Black Lives Matter, WCMA
- Jean-Michel Basquiat’s painting Defacement (The Death of Michael Stewart) is currently the focal point of WCMA’s Reading Room, and the centerpiece of a series of conversations about police brutality, Black identity, and the Black Lives Matter movement. Join the conversation with a guided tour at WCMA before you head home. Learn More>>
As with all Williams athletic events, fans may not bring alcohol onto the Weston Athletic Complex. They may bring food and may bring non-alcoholic beverages – no glass or metal containers. Vehicles and bags are subject to search at the points of entry. Beer, wine, and malt beverages will be for sale ($4 per drink) within the northern end-zone of Farley Lamb Field from 9:00AM. until the end of the third quarter to those 21 and older with photo ID.
Tailgating Rules at Football Games at Farley-Lamb Field at Williams College
- Lansing Chapman Rink parking lot – located across the street from the Weston Field Athletic Complex off of Latham Street. Handicap spots available.
- Lot off Water Street – ample parking is available just around the corner. A 5 minute walk to the Weston Field Athletic Complex.
- Lot inside Weston complex — tailgating spots will be available inside the gates of the Weston Field Athletic Complex adjacent to Farley-Lamb Field on grass. First come, first serve basis. Handicap spots available.
Tailgating is available on the grass adjacent to Farley-Lamb Field.
For football games, the gates to Weston open at 10:00 AM. For Homecoming, Weston gates open at 8:00 AM.
- First come, first serve basis. No reservations.
- No charcoal grills allowed.
- Attendees prohibited from bringing alcohol into Weston Field Athletic Complex.
- Unsealed plastic or paper containers checked with a passive alcohol detector.
- No cans, no glass.
- No RV’s or similar large vehicles.
Visiting teams will be housed on the east side of the Team Support Building, closest to the Taconic Golf Club parking lot. For convenience, supporters of visiting teams are encouraged to utilize the space in that surrounding area. Public restrooms are available under the main grandstand.
If using GPS, the following address will bring you to the Weston Field Athletic Complex:
- Tailgating – use main grandstand address: 71 Latham Street, Williamstown MA 01267
- Bus drop off – use Team Support Building address: 75 Meacham Street, Williamstown MA 01267